Mr. Scheig has performed hundreds of valuations involving common stock, preferred stock and financial derivatives. Assets valued have included independent cogeneration assets and renewables such as solar and wind facilities. As an expert witness, Mr. Scheig has provided deposition and courtroom testimony in matters relating to tax valuations, bankruptcy and economic damages in a variety of legal settings.
Mr. Scheig previously worked with national valuation firms Kroll Associates, Inc. and CBIZ Valuation Group, LLC where he led their Dallas practices. Prior to that, he was a senior manager with both Deloitte Consulting and FINANCO, Inc. in Austin.
- Purchase price allocations
- Litigation support
- Derivatives and other complex assets
- Gift and estate tax valuations
- Financial reporting requirements
- Strategy consulting/assessment
- University of Texas at Austin, B.S., Petroleum Engineering
- University of Texas at Austin, M.B.A, Finance and Accounting
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants ,
- ABV (Accredited in Business Valuation)
- CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics)
- CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant)
- CFA Institute (Dallas/Fort Worth Society)
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (Energy Conference Committee)
- Appraisal Issues Task Force (AITF)
- American Society of Appraisers
- CEIV (Certified in Entity and Intangible Valuations)
*ValueScope is not a licensed CPA firm.