Scott Hakala brings to the firm extensive practical knowledge of finance, economics, statistics, and business valuation theory. His expertise includes: corporate finance, restructuring and cost of capital; the valuation of securities and business interests (transactions, mergers, acquisitions, fairness opinions); the valuation of intangible assets (patents, trademarks); analysis of publicly traded securities (insider trading studies, trading analyses, event analyses, materiality, damages in securities litigation); expert testimony and economic loss analyses (commercial litigation); wage and compensation determination (reasonable compensation studies, lost personal income, wrongful termination); transfer pricing; derivative securities (options pricing and valuation); and antitrust and industry structure, strategic pricing, marketing and cost allocation analyses.
- Managing Director, CBIZ Valuation Group, LLC
- Chief Executive Officer of Laser BioTherapy, Inc.
- Assistant professor of Economics at Southern Methodist University
- Taught graduate and undergraduate courses in macroeconomics, monetary/financial economics.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Economics – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics University of Minnesota, Duluth, Minnesota
- CFA Charter, The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts, completed all tests and requirements for a CFA designation