Mr. Hastings served six years as a Finance Commissioner of Texas. The Finance Commission provides overall policy and supervisory control for the Banking Department, the Savings and Loan Department, and the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner.
Mr. Hastings is a certified public accountant (CPA) and an accredited senior appraiser (ASA), as well as being Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the AICPA.* He is also a certified valuation analyst (CVA), as designated by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) and a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
*ValueScope is not a licensed CPA firm.
- Big-8 Audit Experience
- Awarded General Securities and Operation Licenses
- Former Finance Commissioner of Texas
- Texas Department of Banking , chairman of the Audit Committee
- Multiple chief financial officer positions
- Arizona State University, M.B.A.
- University of Indiana, B.S.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA license, ABV and CFF credential)
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (CPA license)
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA credential)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA credential)
- AICPA Business Valuation & Forensic Litigation Support (CFF credential)
- Financial Executive Institute